Authors’ Media Appearances:
Listen to Marie Friedmann Marquardt's March 19, 2012 discussion of Living "Illegal" and its focus on "the unauthorized immigrant experience" on KNAU, Arizona Public Radio.
Hear Marie's June 11, 2012 discussion on "Issues that Matter, 2012" with Cyrus Webb of Conversations LIVE, Richard Kirsch (author of Fighting for our Health) and Meira Levinson (author of No Citizen Left Behind)
View Manuel Vasquez’ interview on PBS' Bill Moyers Journal
Listen to Manuel Vasquez and Marie Friedmann Marquardt’s interview for American Public Media’s On Being
Listen to Tim Steigenga’s October 6, 2011 interview on WUFT
Listen to Marie Friedmann Marquardt's March 9, 2012 interview with Joe Donahue of Northeast Public Radio.
Listen to Marie Friedmann Marquardt's discussion of "The Impacts of Living Illegally in the United States" on WTIP's The Roadhouse.
Listen to Marie Friedmann Marquardt's March 19, 2012 discussion with Mary Charlotte on New Mexico Public Radio's KSFR, Santa Fe Radio Cafe.
Hear Marie Friedmann Marquardt's discussion with Dan Skinner on Texas Public Radio's Some Books Considered.
Listen to Marie Friedmann Marquardt's March 20, 2012 appearance on Cyrus Webb's Conversations Live.
Hear Marie Friedmann Marquardt's April 10, 2012 discussion with Sonali on Uprising Radio.
The Authors in Print Media:
Read Marie Marquardt’s essay on immigration and the Catholic Church in Religion Dispatches.
Read Marie Marquardt’s “A Humanitarian Crisis in the Making?” in the Huffington Post.
Read Timothy Steigenga’s opinion editorial on the U.S. immigrant detention system in the Palm Beach Post.
Read Philip Williams’ analysis of the GOP’s dilemma on immigration in the Huffington Post.
More Media Coverage of Living “Illegal”: The Human Face of Unauthorized Immigration:
- “Living ‘Illegal’ resets immigration issue to human focus,” by Alison Schwartz. Gainesville Sun October 1, 2011
- “Book by UF faculty reveals human side of undocumented immigration issue,” University of Florida News October 3, 2011
- “Marquardt ’94 explores the daily lives of “illegal” immigrants,” Katherine F. Greenwood. Princeton Alumni Weekly August 25, 2011
- “The New Press Publishes “Living ‘Illegal’: The Human Face of Unauthorized Immigration” Dallas Morning News, October 9, 2011
- “FAU professor’s research brings to light the human side of the highly controversial immigration debate,” by Christine Dardet. TC Palm November 28, 2011.
- “En Florida, el “voto cubano” ya no es hegemonico,” by Carlos Chirinos. BBC Mundo January 31, 2012
- “El Espanol, el “idioma de gueto” en EE.UU.” by Carlos Chirinos. BBC Mundo January 27, 2012.
- “Latino demographics suggest GOP may struggle in Florida,” by Napp Nazworth. Christian Post January 25, 2012.
- “The Immigration Debate: Panel discussion will focus on the impact of immigrants in southern states,” by Daniela Guzman. Gainesville Sun January 21, 2012